Thursday, August 4, 2011

Seoul Vacation Part I

Most of Samsung (and the rest of Korea) goes on vacation for the summer during one time and this applies to teachers as well so lucky me got to end a long work month with a nice paid vacation : ) I got to do lots of fun things so here's a recap:


Thursday, 7/28
Korean Pizza Hut

I still had to teach my GLA class for 3 hours but it was so nice to sleep in until 7am.  I never thought 7 am would be sleeping in but really, it is a luxury.  Then after class, I decided to take myself on a date for pizza and a movie.  Korean Dominoes was pretty good so I decided to give Korean Pizza Hut a try.  It was okay...but at least there was no corn on this pizza.  Then I went to Lotte Cinema to finally see Harry Potter. I do have to say Korea definitely has a one up on American movies theaters because they have the best, fresh kettle corn in addition to the buttery kind.

Friday, 7/29

It was the last day of GLA camp and I had to be at work almost the whole day.  I was definitely a little sad that I wouldn't get to see these guys everyday but gosh, I was a pretty darn proud teacher seeing these guys give their speeches.

Me and the top 4: Joshua, Andrew, Jason & Peter
M1104 in Gumi
After work, I decided to hunt down a burger joint another Samsung teacher told me about and it was really easy to find called M1104. 
I have to say, this place gives American burgers a run for their money. I had an amazing Bacon, Egg and Cheese burger and will be visiting this place a lot when I have a burger craving.
Then I did my usual and went to a coffee house to relax and have my new favorite, affogato - ice cream and espresso.
affogato

Saturday, 7/30
It was finally time to leave for Seoul.  I was really nervous to book the bus ticket and manage to find my way to the hotel in a city of 10 million but I did just fine.  I stayed in the Gangnam area which is the business district of Seoul and the most expensive area...thank God for discount websites because I got a room for less than half price!  My hotel was really close to Coex, a cool underground shopping mall so I headed there. My best finds there?? English novels, Mexican food and (sadly) a new purse since my favorite purse my mom got me has finally ripped and died : (


Sunday, 7/31

Sunday I met my Korean pastor from Lax, Pastor John and went to church in Incheon.  He brought along another pastor from the US, Pastor Holley.  I also met a girl named Onnori who helped translate for me when I gave my testimony at church.  It reminded me a lot of being at church in WI.


to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment